Looking for high quality and no-nonsense, we approached several engineers for various product design work. For the RF Choke filter one company we chose is Palomar Engineers. They do quality work. The current balun they designed for us is called, "Maxi-Choker." The ratings say it all. Plug it and leave it.
Ham radio is fun again!
Brand: Palomar Engineers
- Uses proprietary Multi-Mix, Multi-Core, Multi-Turn(TM) ferrite technology for maximum choking (up to -35 dB common-mode noise rejection) and maximum bandwidth
- 3 KW PEP, 50-ohm SO-239 connectors In/Out, 1-61 MHz
- Suppresses transmitter coax feed line radiation when installed at the antenna feed point or reduces common mode receiver "noise" when installed at the radio end of the coax.
- Available with ground stud/static bleeder option for solving tough RFI issues
- Available with dual stud/wingnut output for ladder line interface
- Works for all coax fed antennas from 1.8-61 MHz (160-6 meters) - excellent for verticals and highly unbalanced off-center fed antennas.
- 2-5 times more common-mode noise rejection, wider bandwidth, and higher power than competing filters
MAXI-CHOKER feed line chokes are used to suppress common mode current carried on the outside of the coax braid which is often responsible for receiver noise and RFI in the receiver/transmitter. These chokes are very useful for suppressing RFI common mode current at the antenna feed point, at 1/2 wavelength intervals along the coax feed line and also at the entrance to the radio station.
Promo: Free with Antenna Purchase:
During our promotion, this product is included with Greyline Performance DX Vertical Antenna and DX Flagpole Antenna purchase.