KE6TT works Africa with his 24' HOA Flagpole Antenna & 100W on FT8
Customer Review: KE6TT/4
The 24' HOA Flagpole Antenna does the job.
I purchased a 20’ Flagpole antenna that also included the 4’ extension. I installed the flagpole at the end of January here at my home in central Florida. The installation was easy with only a couple of small issues that were easily resolved by just thinking things through. I installed the antenna in the backyard in the HOA and have not had any complaints.
The performance of the antenna has been very good. The SWR on most bands has been =< 1.5 except for the 12-meter band. The SWR is just under 2.0.
The DX into Europe and Africa has been good with 100W
Have done a lot of FT4 and FT8 with good reports. SSB has been good with good signal reports depending on propagation. All of my contacts have been made on 70 – 100 watts. I am using an SGC 230 tuner mounted at the base of the antenna.
Most of my contacts have been 10 MHz – 28 MHZ. I have done some work on 40 meters but not much. Not much of a night owl so I don’t get very much of a chance to use the antenna on 40 – 160 meters. However, the SWR on these bands is 1.0 – 1.3, so I would expect good performance if I had more power.
SWR on 40-160M is 1.0:1 - 1.3:1 using the SGC 230 ATU, Wow!
At this point in time, the only negative I have to report is the flag. It has been flying on most days in 5 to 15 MPH winds. I have taken it down when we had higher winds had exceeded 15 MPH. I noticed this morning the flag was torn and shredded. I took the flag down and noticed the flag was made by *Anley and was manufactured in BY. I wouldn’t expect a flag to be in this condition after *3 months. I had USA-made flags last over a year flying in much stronger winds than this one.
*Anley, Inc., is a large US-owned flag supplier based in California and one of Greyline's many providers. We strive to source materials and products from US companies only.
Greyline note: We've contacted KE6TT already and offered him a new flag, of course! We all could use a little brush-up on our Flag knowledge.
*The U.S. Government generally expects a nylon or cotton flag to last 90 days based on being flown daily from sunrise to sunset - but not during periods of inclement weather. Tests have shown that, in some cases, a flag flown 24 hours a day will last only one-fourth as long as one flown only during the daylight hours.
XYLs Approve the Greyline Flagpole Antenna for its dual use: Emergency Prep Security & Real DX
That's right, Family and discerning neighbors approve owing to its designed Elegance! Clean lines and a smooth premium finish. No ugly stubs, traps, coils, unsightly elements, or 100s of radials to mess with or get caught in the lawn mower. No Radials are needed for high performance. Your loved ones and neighbors see an aesthetically pleasing Flagpole, you see a Flagpole Antenna; your ticket to 160-6M Real DX.
"So pretty she let me install it in the garden!"
Have you ever heard anyone say this about a ham radio antenna before? We think not. You're welcome!
HOA Flagpole Antennas
DX Vertical Antennas
Don't forget that we offer extras to consider:
- 4-Year Warranty (why not?)
- 100% Money Back Guarantee (we want you happy!)
- Free Shipping (well, we do get a bulk discount)
More Customer Reviews for your reading pleasure:
- Customer Reviews Submitted to Greyline directly
- Greyline YouTube Channel + reviews by various Ham Radio shows
- eHam Reviews for Greyline Performance Flagpole Antenna & HF Vertical Antenna
YouTube Review by Ham Radio Crash Course
Customers install pictures, videos, and stories covering many topics in our various topic collections:
Favorite Customer quotes:
- It's so pretty my XYL asked me to install it in the front yard. Imagine that. The front yard! Note: This is after he installed it in the back yard :-)
- 4 Band DXCC this summer from my HOA
- Holds its own vs. my taller antennas and with no radials. It is also stealthy.
- I got my DXCC in the 80s using a vertical dipole and wanted to try again from my new home in an HOA
- Since I added the Greyline DX Flagpole vertical antenna, I have added over 200 additions to my DXCC Challenge account. I am now right at 900 and hope to complete it in the next few months.
- 30W and a couple of hours, I worked the entire planet on FT8
- My wife appreciates the compliments from the neighbors, and it reminds her of her Father's Flagpole. Thank you.
- If I can hear it, I can work it. It hears very well.
- Highly Recommended for HOA and CC&R Restricted Ham Radio QTHs.
- So pretty my DX Flagpole Antenna is allowed in my wife’s garden. In the GARDEN!
- Clean Sweep in November Sweepstakes with my DX Flagpole. Note: That's the entire list of USA sections; amazing.
- Got Indonesia (YB) this morning on 40m SSB with 100 watts. Just over 9,000 miles!
- 60M Band: The other night I was on 60M and it felt just like the old days, running JA’s from Chicago in the CQWW CW with a 4-1000 Amplifier to a Quad at 80 feet.
- 80M Band: Got Mauritania, Dodecanese, Israel, and Cypress on 80 meters and 4 bands and 3 modes for VP6R on Pitcairn. First Pitcairn since 10 Meter AM contact in the 1960s.
- Designed Smarter, Stronger, and with Aesthetic Elegance.
- So so many FT8 stations worldwide.
- If I can hear it, I can work it and this antenna hears well.
The past several years have been full of learning experiences and we remain grateful to assist hundreds of happy radio ops to experience the hobby on the bands with us. The bands are hot, join us.
We are honored to serve you, our peers. We are delighted to play a small role in your enjoyment of short-wave HF radio and we do hope that we inspire you to get on the air with Real DX confidence.
4 YEAR WARRANTY
We offer a 4 Warranty, no questions asked. We use the honor system and know you do as well. Hey, we want you on the air and are proud to offer this 4-year service or replacement offer.
We also offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If for any reason you aren't happy with your purchase, send it back for a full refund. We know circumstances change. We want you happy.
One Customer Used our Warranty offer saying,
Just wanted you to know --- Greyline replaced my Vertical Antenna --- No Questions asked!"
Greyline Performance Antennas are Popular with Ham Radio, CB, Preppers, and DX'ers alike. The digital modes are a natural fit with the often low noise and low power requirements as well as those commercial industries that need a rapid frequency hopping (ALE) attribute. We are proud to serve Ham Radio, Survival Prep, and Emergency Communications Agencies.
We enjoy talking radio!
Write in or call us to discuss any questions you have. It’s an honor to serve you in this manner. Thank you for the opportunity.
We hope you enjoyed this story and were entertained by it.
Maybe you remember a similar story in your youth. GL finding your rare ones. Ham Radio is fun again! Pass it on...
At Greyline, it's our Mission to serve you by offering higher-quality products that truly enhance your Ham Radio experiences. Standing up to Hurricanes is just a bonus. Antennas that work Real DX and that the ladies can love too. Now that is smarter, stronger, and more elegant for you and your family's security. We are delighted to serve you.
Let's enjoy the adventure, together. Until next time...
73 Greyline Performance
Please take our 160M Survey
This survey reads like a Q&A of how to turn your 20-24' Flagpole Antenna into an 80-160M Real DX antenna for those using the lower impedance range (low cost) tuners.
- LIST OF BENEFITS for Greyline Performance Antennas
- Common Questions from Ham Radio Customers
- 16' DX Flagpole Antenna and SGC-237 remote tuner works 160-6M (install pictures) at KJ7CWQ
- Beautiful Flagpole Antenna, regularly work DX (Africa, Europe, SA) with 60W on FT8 and CW at WJ8B
- "Happy XYL" in Pennsylvania: New Ham says "happy wife, quiet bands & loud signals! Going for my Extra."
- Do I really need a Tuner at the Base of my Greyline Flagpole Antenna and HF Vertical Antenna
- 28' HF Vertical Antenna in New Mexico reports "good reports about strong signals"
- 20' Flagpole Antenna, Bill in Florida one-calls XR0ZRC with 100W & runs the bands after 30-years off the air!
- 24' Flagpole Antenna: K7CWC Cliff in Washington (W7) is spotted around the World on his Greyline 24' DX Flagpole
- Greyline makes the Cover of CQ Magazine from Montenegro - September 2021
- Surf Ham Radio Waves with KL2A
- Blog: Ham Radio Adventure Stories
- My XYL Love the Greyline Flagpole Antenna
- For YLs: Ham Radio Love Connection
- Samantha forms a Womens Ham Radio Friendship Club
Current Promo: $200 off All Antenna Orders
+ Includes All Kits (Ground kit, Feed kit, Flag kit)
+ Free Shipping (USA)
+ DX Shipping (EU $125+)
HOA Flagpole Antennas
DX Vertical Antennas