Greyline 36-foot DX Vertical Antenna for all-band HF radio operation. No Radials for Higher Performance Lower Angles, Lower Noise, and Lower Loss, for multiband use 160-6M.
Below, you'll see why the Greyline Vertical Dipole Antenna is called a high-performance HF antenna system. A Smarter, Stronger, and more Elegant all-band ham radio antenna option. Your friends, family, and DX totals will agree whether a newly licensed amateur or a professional of industry, we guarantee it.
NATION-WIDE XYL APPROVED!
Order Includes $500+ in Bonuses
- Experimental: 36' HF Vertical Antenna, VDA (requires guy wires)
- Greyline DX Premium Feed Kit ($95 value)
- RF Choke ($95 value)
- Ground Mount Kit ($200)
- Pro Tip: Add Mini or Maxi RF Choke for lower noise at the radio
- Everything is in the box that you will need to get on all bands. Just connect your coax
- Free Shipping (~ $100-150 value) - 2 boxes
Please Note: This is a BETA-EXPERIMENTAL offering. Do you have the right QTH to help in our BETA EXPERIMENT? For a short review period, we are offering a line of taller, low band antennas at 32, 36, 40, and 44 foot tall. These require guying. Any 2" OD antennas on the market over 24' require guying according to our Structural Engineer.
Guying Kits: You can DIY or purchase guying kits from your favorite vendor.
Design: This is the same design as our Free Standing OCF Verticals with added tubing sections to reach the designated height. Enjoy.
Is this something you will try? Will you create your own guying technique? If so, we want to hear from you. Historically, Greyline has not produced antennas that require guying and as we look to expand, present this to you, our customer. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.
Example picture of this Greyline Performance Flagpole antenna at 40 feet high, see here.
XYLs Approve its dual use: Emergency Prep & Real DX
That's right, Family and discerning neighbors approve owing to its by design Elegance! Clean lines, smooth premium finish. No ugly stubs, traps, coils, unsightly elements, or 100s of radials to mess with. Your loved ones and neighbors see an aesthetically pleasing Flagpole, you see a Flagpole Antenna, your ticket to 160-6M Real DX.
"So pretty she let me install it in the garden!"
Comparing Greyline HF Vertical Antenna to well-known antennas such as the Hy-gain AV-680 and Cushcraft R9:
*The Red inner rings are 80M, blue 40M, green 20M, and orange 10M.
Comparing Greyline Performance HF vertical antenna & HOA Flagpole Antenna to the famed 43-foot vertical
*The Red inner rings are 80M, blue 40M, green 20M, and orange 10M.
SUMMARY: Bigger is not always better. Notice the 43' example that above 30M (high bands) the angle rises rapidly until at 10M it radiates straight up. That's NOT going to work DX. Below 30M, it should work great with a properly tuned radial field. Note these systems also endow stubs, coils, and other unsightly matching systems that often fail under higher power. None of us deserve to be called "junk guy" by the XYL, family, or neighbors. Consider Smart, Strong, and Elegant.
GROUNDING: As always, when considering your grounding of the Greyline Antenna plans, follow the ARRL RF Guidelines.
Top 10 Customer Reviews, Videos & Install Tips in our Blog
Within our website, we share videos, pictures, and stories from our customers that are helpful to you for choosing an HF multiband antenna such as our HF Flagpole Antenna or Vertical Dipole Antenna. Here are our Top 10 shortcuts.
- See our YouTube Channel (link below) for informative Wow. Greyline Flagpole Antenna faces Tropical Storm Cristobal - Note: we've doubled structural integrity since too. (:28 seconds)
- YouTube: Precision Machining (:30 secs)
- YouTube: Seamless Part Fit (:03 secs)
- YouTube: Full overview of the OCF design (21:15 mins)
- Customer Reviews shares technical feedback on the web tab above
- About Us Page that shares we are passionate about Ham Radio too!
- 12-24' Greyline Antenna Manual can be found in our Assembly Documents page (Experimental 32-40' antennas apply to this manual)
- Antenna Configuration (graphic) will depict for you how the system is arranged, visually.
- [Pics] A visual “walk-through” pictorial. A teenage YL assembles a Greyline Vertical Dipole out of the box. We captured the pictures for you. Found in the Assembly Documents link below.
- Customer Install Series: Rob in Colorado's Journey with a Greyline 20' DX Flagpole in his HOA - great write-up by one of our customers from the aerospace antenna industry.
Top 20 Benefits of Greyline Antenna Systems:
- HOA Approved + XYL and neighborhood approved too!
- No Radials! needed for high-performance
- Coax Adapter included The feed system uses ladder line at the antenna for the lowest possible loss. Connect your coax and turn on the radio.
- Strong, Smart, Elegant design. "Pretty" premium aluminum, No messy stubs, coils, etc.
- Premium-only, Made in the USA. Double-dipped, double-walled tubing & stainless steel parts.
- All frequencies 160-6M including WARC, MARS, FEMA, etc.
- 160M bonus: Try the 20'-24'-28' many report success!
- Smart Clean Design, Rugged Materials & Engineering: 80-100 MPH wind rating
- Best in Class 'as good or better' than any legacy brands
- ARRL Antenna Competition Award Winner
- Featured on Ham Talk Live Ep. 188 "Stealth Antennas & HOA's"
- >90% and better efficiency across all bands
- Very Low Losses owing to the feed system
- Lower Angles than ground-mounted verticals requiring 100+ radials
- Lower Noise too reported widely
- Easy Install: Dig a 3-4' post hole, build antenna (1 hour), dirt or Quik Crete, drop-in (15-20 lbs), plug in, and play radio!
- Free Shipping in the USA + Deep discounts Worldwide
- Shipping time: See our Order-Status Page for transparent updates
- Industry-leading 4-year warranty
- 100% Money Back Guarantee - we want you on the air
New! 15-30 minute build times on the new versions (same Strong, Smart Elegance)
"Highly Recommended for HOA and CC&R Restricted Ham Radio QTHs."
“So pretty my DX Flagpole Antenna is allowed in my wife’s garden! In the GARDEN!”
"4 Band DXCC this summer with my 20' DX Flagpole from my HOA!"
"Clean Sweep in November Sweepstakes with my DX Flagpole!"
"Got Indonesia (YB) this morning on 40m SSB with 100 watts. Just over 9,000 miles!"
- "Since I added the Greyline DX Flagpole vertical antenna, I have added over 200 additions to my DXCC Challenge account. I am now right at 900 and hope to complete it in the next few months."
"Holds its own vs. taller competitors with no radials & is also stealth!"
"The other night I was on 60M and it felt just like the old days, running JA’s from Chicago in the CQWW CW with a 4-1000 Amplifier to a Quad at 80-feet!"
"Got Mauritania, Dodecanese, Israel, and Cypress on 80 meters and 4 bands and 3 modes for VP6R on Pitcairn. First Pitcairn since 10 Meter AM contact in the 1960s."
"Designed Smarter, Stronger, and more Elegant Aesthetically."
"So so many FT8 stations worldwide."
"If I can hear it, I can work it and this antenna hears well."
USA: Free Shipping - 2 boxes
DX: Low Rates (examples available at checkout. Test it!)
Greyline Performance Antennas are Popular with Ham Radio, CB, Preppers, YLs, just newly licensed, and DX'ers alike. The digital modes are a natural fit with the often low noise and high power requirements as well as those commercial industries that need a rapid frequency hopping (ALE) attribute. We are proud to serve Ham Radio, Disaster Prep, and Emergency Communications Agencies. Thank you.
We enjoy talking radio!
Write in or call us to discuss any questions you have. It’s an honor to serve you in this manner. Thank you for the opportunity.
Ham Radio is fun again! Please, pass it on...
73 Greyline Performance