Ham Radio is fun again, 160-6M at your Home or HOA!
"What started as a simple desire to just get back on the air with a real signal while raising my large family," Jon KL2A - Member of Team USA - WRTC 2014 stumbled on an opportunity to tinker with antennas and tune the bands once again.
The results were suprisingly "impressive" and fairly quickly caught the attention of several other operators on the air who realized this was no ordinary vertical and wanted one for their QTH too. "It was eye-opening that these guys were so quick to want one," Jon noted. It was this report that prompted Jon to make it his personal mission to refine and build more of these smarter, more elegant vertical antennas for fellow hams that might be in a similar place.
"One bonus here is when my YL actually said she liked the shiny antenna in the garden. Imagine that - this was certainly a first for me too! Just maybe this aesthetically-pleasing aspect helps others get the buy-in from their partners to get back on the air too." he said.
“It’s a real thrill to hear stories like mine from all over the world. There is a common tone among our peers I've noticed. It's a nostalgic-excitement that is contagious, it's in their voices when they talk about working real DX signals again, and for some it's after 30 years of being off the air. Remember, many of these guys have been in restricted space QTH’s or HOA communities for a long time.” He adds, “it’s an honor to talk to these guys, really get to know them and play a small role in getting them back on the bands, one radio op at a time.
We are a small group of very active, lifelong (35+ years) ham radio enthusiasts with families and a passion for our global fraternal hobby, maybe just like you. We hope before you buy any antenna that you'll study our approach to high efficiency and high performance and consider the merits of a real dx antenna, then join us on the air!
- ARRL Antenna Design Awards - Winner! It's true, the ARRL "Antenna of the Year" Award was won by one of our friends, a career Broadcast Engineer and antenna designer extraordinaire. Congrats, John! We're all thankful for your contributions to the hobby!
- Real Engineering: Our structural engineer pal has earned his chops alongside savant antenna designers in both the Ham and Professional markets. He's analyzed every aspect of structure and materials to be certain our claims are solid. Thank you, sir.
- Experienced, Veteran Ops: Our GM has been QRV for 40-years and was honored to compete as a member of 'Team USA' at WRTC 2014 in Boston. He says, "I just heard that our contest station in the Caribbean uses the OCF design to compete on the world stage!" We're on the right track!
What customers are saying:
- Performance is fantastic! Many, many signals on FT8.
- Highly Recommended for HOA and CC&R Restricted Ham Radio QTHs.
- Got Indonesia this morning on 40m SSB with 100 watts. 9,000 miles!
- Equal or better signals than taller verticals requiring radials and it's stealth!
- It tunes on all bands less than 1.5, and 160 takes 1kW just fine!
- Performance has been beyond my expectation. The reception is unbelievable! Many many stations and much quieter than my EFLW.
Read more Customer Reviews, here.
Coming Soon: We're announcing more useful antenna designs soon. Join the mailing list and watch our news Blog for hints on these new product drops. We hope to earn your trust and hear your story on the air soon!
Would you like Real DX from your QTH or HOA? Before you buy, study our design and see why veteran contesters and Emergency Management professionals call our antenna system, high performance. - Greyline Performance