These devices are used for the protection of Radio Equipment attached to antennas. Designed by RF engineers as military-grade as well as the commercial broadcast industry, perfect for your Ham Radio station too.
They will protect from sand, rain, and snow static buildup on antennas and feed lines which can damage sensitive radio equipment. They will also protect against damage from nearby and overhead lightning strikes and can mitigate damage to radios and other equipment from occurring inside buildings, enclosures, and homes.
Based on the design by Industrial Communications Engineers (ICE) 309H coaxial arrestors, these arrestors have been improved in performance, packaging, and hardware. These arrestors are DC blocked and include static and DC discharge capabilities just like the famous ICE arrestors. They also include rated Gas Discharge Tubes (GDT) which can be replaced (NOTE: Recommended GDT voltage rating: 2700 V) with simple tools. Due to the static bleed components inside the arrestors not only does it help to keep the tube from firing extending the life of the GDT, but by virtue of bleeding off static that is charging the coaxial cable it eliminates cable discharge noise from the sensitive receiver which can lower the noise level heard.
It is designed for use with open single wire, or open twin-line transmission lines. They can handle Zo line impedances from 300 to 600+ ohms. They are meant to be mounted near the lightning grounding system, at ground level.
- Easy Installation, due to the flange with holes to allow screwing it to a plate
- 4 kW CW / 8 kW PEP
- Weather and water tight heavy duty enclosures using Stainless steel hardware
- Safety-rated and tested GDT
- Includes SS washers and nuts to attach your ladder line
- Includes grounding lug to easily attach to your ground system
- Suited to prevent galvanic corrosion
- Components are easily replaced
- Dimensions: 4" x 4" x 2" (50.8 mm x 50.8 mm x 38.1 mm), NEMA 4X PVC box with mounting tabs
- Weight: 1.5 lb (0.7kg)
- Frequency range: 1.5 to 60 MHz
- Ladder line or open line impedances: 100 to 800 ohms
- Insertion loss (S21): 0.02 dB or less
- Power Ratings 4 kW Continuous 8 kW PEP (can be dependent on line length)
- GDT Devices certified to UL497B and UL1449Halogen free
- Devices tested per ITU K.12 recommendations
- Non-radioactive materials
- 100's of operations under 5kA
- 10 operations 8/20 μs 5 kA minimum
- 1 operation 8/20 μs 10 kA minimum
- Maximum follow current during one voltage half cycle at 50 Hz 200 A
- Insulation resistance at 100 V DC > 10 GΩ
- Capacitance at 50 MHz < 1 pF
- Operation and storage temperature: -40°C to +90 °C ( -40°F to +194 °F)
- Climatic category (IEC 60068-1) 40/ 90/ 21
When using a Remote Tuner at or near the Antenna please consider installing it between the antenna and the ATU as the DC control voltage for the tuner will not pass through this device.