DX Flagpole Antenna, a passport to Real DX in your HOA.
DX Flagpole Antenna, a passport to Real DX in your HOA, 160-6M and no radials!
Hello Radio Friends,
03/13/19 Update: "XR0ZRC ... one-called him. Not bad for a 20’ OCD and 100 watts."
"Interestingly, one of the big DX deals going on right now is Juan Fernandez Is. (Robinson Crusoe), XR0ZRC. The pile-ups have been enormous. I caught him on 20 CW the other morning at 13:11Z just as 20 was opening up here. He evidently had just moved to 20 as the pile was small, I caught the previous station working split and one-called him. Not bad for a 20’ OCD and 100 watts."
Would you like to one-call some DX stations like Bill does from your home or HOA? Let's make ham radio even more fun, again...
Spring is certainly in the air in the Northern Hemisphere! We are still experiencing snow and blizzards in the ski resorts of the Mountain West but on a recent trip to Washington DC for the ARRL CW contest, we were in short sleeves at 70F temps for antenna work. It in this spirit we present a quick customer review and "look at the" view.
One of our happy customers, Bill, sent us an enviable video-image of his Old Glory proudly providing him a passport to the short waves! You can imagine the palm fronds and flag flowing in the wind... notice the pole doesn't move! Bill is probably working DX right now...
In addition to the splendor and beauty, he states that he is “so glad to be working guys on 80M, for the first time in 20 years!” and “The DX Flagpole is 2-3 S-units louder on first tests versus the loop on 20/17M.”
"In the pile-ups, I got a surprising number of 1 to 3 calls contacts, far more competitive than I expected."
Update from Bill after ARRL SSB 2019 (Weekend of March 2-3). If you were on the air at all during this contest you know even some of the most fierce of competitors pulled the plug about half-way through! it was lousy conditions even for the 200' tower guys. Here's more from Bill...
"By the way, I ran about 100 contacts in the ARRL Phone DX Contest over the weekend. I could hear a ton of stuff in Europe and Asia. Also used 20, 15 and 10. As you would expect with lousy propagation, 20 was a zoo. I still managed to put some Europeans and Oceana stations in the log. In the pile-ups, I got a surprising number of 1 to 3 calls contacts, far more competitive than I expected. Same thing on 15. Only half dozen on 10 it was only open for a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon, and that was mostly to South America and the Caribbean."
This is great news for you and your team. The DX Flagpole awaits being of service at your QTH too.
See our antenna collections, here.
Ham Radio is fun again.
Below is a summary of highlights for you. See you on the air soon!
- HOA Approved + XYL-significant others and neighborhood too because it's a pretty, low profile single pole or Real Flagpole
- No Radials! needed to achieve the high performance we stand behind + no guy wires either
- All-bands from 80-6M including WARC, MARS, etc. That's 10 ham bands!
- High-Power (3 KW PEP) Rated Antenna Design and Feed System
- Smart Design Rugged Engineering, Premium Materials. 80-100 MPH rating based on ANSI/NAAMM FP 1001-07 Regulations
- Best in Class Our OCF vertical-dipole line is 'as good or better' than any legacy brands-of-old on the market today.
- >90% and better efficiency across all bands from 3.5 - 50 MHz (yes, really!)
- Very Low Losses owing to the feed system and antenna design
- Lower Angles than ground mounted verticals (see performance specs!)
- Available sizes 12', 16', 20', and 28' foot OCF Vertical Dipole radio antennas
- Easy Install Dig 2-3' post hole, drop in, plug n play! Have fun on all bands.
- Free Shipping in the USA + Competitive Worldwide Shipping
- Remote Tuners available now. Antenna+ATU bundles provide deep discounts on our customer's favorite Tuners. Choose your match today!
More RF Blog Stories
- SKI BAG BEACH HOUSE OPERATION WITH GREYLINE 20' OCF DXV
- DX Flagpole, a passport to the Short-waves in Restricted and HOA Communities!
- BILL IN AN HOA WORKS THE WORLD ON LOW BANDS AFTER 30 YRS OFF THE AIR
- STEVE IN HOA COMPARES 84' END FED ZEPP TO DX FLAGPOLE, HE'S RUNNING AGAIN!
- The reception is unbelievable! Many many stations. Anyone wanting to operate FT8 will love the DX Flagpole.
- MORE STORIES IN THE RF BLOG