3 kW CW / 5 kW PEP Coaxial Lightning Arrestor, SO-239 connectors, 1 to 70 MHz.
These arrestors are known for their reliability and performance, based on ICE 300 Series Arrestors.
- Available in SO-239, Type-N, and 7/16 DIN connectors
- DC blocked, DC pass is available as a custom option
- A Unique static bleed system with a UL-approved Gas Discharge Tube, also ITU K 12 tested.
- This system usually prevents the GDT from ever firing unless a direct hit is taken.
- Saves your radio from static build-up.
- Models are available for 3 kW, 5 kW, 10 kW, and higher, Lower power is available too (just ask)
Using a Remote Antenna Tuner? This device does not allow ATU control voltage pass-through so in the event you are using an ATU at the antenna, the install location will be between the Antenna and the ATU.
These devices are used for the protection of Radio Equipment attached to antennas. They will protect from sand, rain, and snow static buildup on antennas and feed lines which can damage sensitive radio equipment. They also will protect against damage from nearby and overhead lightning strikes. And can mitigate damage to radios or large damage to other equipment from occurring inside buildings, enclosures, and homes.
Based on the design by Industrial Communications Engineers (ICE) 300 Series coaxial arrestors, these arrestors have been improved in performance, packaging, and mounting hardware. These arrestors are DC blocked and include static and DC discharge capabilities just like the famous ICE arrestors. They also include rated Gas Discharge Tubes (GDT) which can be replaced with simple tools. Due to the static bleed inductor inside the arrestors not only does it help to keep the tube from firing extending the life of the GDT, but by virtue of bleeding off static that is charging the coaxial cable, it eliminates cable discharge noise from the sensitive receiver which can lower the noise level heard.
The enclosures are machined aluminum small blocks which have a convenient removable bracket to screw the device to a plate. We have also developed a mounting bracket system that can be purchased as an accessory to mount directly to ground rods, plates inside enclosures, or a wall plate located at a coaxial cable entrance.
- Easy Installation, due to the flange with holes to allow screwing it to a plate, the #8x32 stainless screw mount included
- Ratings: 3 kW, 5 kW, and other values available depending on GDT used
- Weather and water tight heavy duty enclosures using Stainless steel hardware
- Safety-rated and tested GDT
- Components are easily replaced
- Dimensions 2" x 2"x 1.5"inches (50.8 mm x 50.8 mm x 38.1 mm), connector to connector 3.25" (82 mm)
- Weight 0.4 lb (0.2 kg)
- Frequency range: 1 to 70 MHz
- VSWR under 1.05:1
- Unique static bleed protection system (see manual)
- Return Loss typically 40 dB
- 50 ohms (can be used in 75 ohm systems)
- Insertion Loss (S21) 0.02 dB or less
- Power Ratings: 3 kW continuous @ 2:1 VSWR, 5 kW @ 1.2:1 VSWR
- GDT Devices certified to UL497B and UL1449
- Devices tested per ITU K.12 recommendations
- Non-radioactive materials
- DC spark-over voltage: 600 V, 800 V, or 1200 V depending on the GDT installed
- 10 operations 8/20 μs 5 kA minimum
- 1 operation 8/20 μs 10 kA minimum
- Max. follow current during one voltage half cycle at 50 Hz 200 A
- Insulation resistance at 100 V DC > 10 GΩ
- Capacitance at 50 MHz < 1 pF
- Operation and storage temperature -40°C to +90°C (-40°F to 194°F )
- Climatic category (IEC 60068-1) 40/ 90/ 21