"Happy Wife" His XYL likes his 20' DX Flagpole Antenna. Kevin enjoys Loud Signals & Quiet bands.
"With 600 watts I can talk all over especially into Europe. 5-9 plus 10db signal reports from most contacts."
NEW HAM IN FARM COUNTRY LOVES THE QUIET BANDS & LOUD SIGNALS! - Pennsylvania, USA.
Kevin, a new ham, is having so much fun he is upgrading to an Extra Class! Notice it's quieter than his End Fed Long Wire.
This week we heard from Kevin who is now inspired to chase his Extra Class license! We love hearing guys like Kevin excited again.
Sure looks pretty, doesn't it? His wife approves.
"I love the antenna!"
Kevin writes, "I installed it last weekend. Everything looks great on my external SWR meter as well as the radiometer.
Anyway, I made many contacts so far with great reports including Europe and all over the US. What really amazes me is how quiet it is for a vertical, my EFHW wire brings in a lot more noise with about the same signal strength as the Greyline DX Flagpole. I can hear weak stations that I would never hear on the wire antenna.
Very happy with the purchase! It looks great as well!
P.S. This has given me the incentive to get my extra class. I been licensed since 1995 and lost interest along the way, but I have regained my interest and will have my extra within a month or two."
"I’ll be taking my extra test at the upcoming field day!"
How would you like "59 +10db reports from Europe" just like Kevin?
That's Real DX on 160-6M at your QTH? See our antenna collections, here.
Ham Radio is fun again.
- LIST OF BENEFITS for Greyline Performance Antennas
- Common Questions from Ham Radio Customers
- 16' DX Flagpole Antenna and SGC-237 remote tuner works 160-6M (install pictures) at KJ7CWQ
- Beautiful Flagpole Antenna, regularly work DX (Africa, Europe, SA) with 60W on FT8 and CW at WJ8B
- "Happy XYL" in Pennsylvania: New Ham says "happy wife, quiet bands & loud signals! Going for my Extra."
- Do I really need a Tuner at the Base of my Greyline Flagpole Antenna and HF Vertical Antenna
- 28' HF Vertical Antenna in New Mexico reports "good reports about strong signals"
- 20' Flagpole Antenna, Bill in Florida one-calls XR0ZRC with 100W & runs the bands after 30-years off the air!
- 24' Flagpole Antenna: K7CWC Cliff in Washington (W7) is spotted around the World on his Greyline 24' DX Flagpole