WD4MIR works KL7 Alaska on 80M with his 16' Flagpole Antenna
WD4MIR in Kentucky "Confirms Alaska on 80M" with his 16 foot HOA Flagpole Antenna!
Fantastic HOA antenna (Flagpole)
It was simple to install. Looks great and works fantastic. Confirmed Alaska from Kentucky on 80m. I couldn't have done that with my attic doublet. I anticipate being able to eventually get WAS on 7 bands (10-80). I'm about 85% there. Contacts are getting much easier compared to my doublet and I usually get a stronger signal report than I give. This is 100% digital, FT8 and now FT4.
73 - Jeff (WD4MIR)
-- Greylilne writes:
Kentucky to Alaska is definitely Real DX on 80M!
In late fall through very early spring the ham radio bands are experience the typical low band season and well, currently a bonus of the Cycle 25 peak that is coming in fast too.
Like Jeff in Kentucky (WD4MIR) many of our customers report Real DX on 80M. It's a winter band essentially owing to the increased darkness across the Northern Hemisphere.
Jeff reports he has high confidence he will achieve 7-Band WAS (Worked All States) with his new Greyline Flagpole Antenna.
Wouid you like to work the world like Jeff here? Consider adding the Elegant HOA Flagpole Antenna by Greyline Performance to your quiver. Jeff enjoyed his attic antenna and when adding the Greyline Vertical Dipole (Flagpole) the realm of Real DX was achievable!
PRO OPERATING TIP: Be sure to tune up 1-hour before to about 1-hour after sunset and sunset to get a ride on the magic Greyline path. You'll be surprised what you'll hear during this lucky time. This includes most bands but certainly try 40-80-160M. You'll be glad you did and just maybe work the further DX station you have ever worked. Remember, have fun!
Do you know someone that would like to work DX this year? One click and a new antenna is shipped the same/next day!
HAM RADIO IS FUN AGAIN PASS IT ON...
HOA Flagpole Antennas
DX Vertical Antennas
- "Real DX 160-6M at my HOA"
- "4 Band DXCC in 3 months at my HOA."
- "So pretty my XYL approves!"
- "If I can hear it, I can work it."
At Greyline, it's our Mission to serve you by offering higher-quality products that truly enhance your Ham Radio antenna experiences. Standing up to Hurricanes is just a bonus. Antennas that work Real DX and that the ladies can love too. Now that is smarter, stronger, and more elegant for you and your family's security. We are delighted to serve you.
Let's enjoy the adventure, together. Until next time...
73 Greyline Performance
Please take our 160M Survey
This survey reads like a Q&A of how to turn your 20-24' Flagpole Antenna into an 80-160M Real DX antenna for those using the lower impedance range (low cost) tuners.
- LIST OF BENEFITS for Greyline Performance Antennas
- Common Questions from Ham Radio Customers
- 16' DX Flagpole Antenna and SGC-237 remote tuner works 160-6M (install pictures) at KJ7CWQ
- WD4MIR works KL7 from Kentucky on 80M with a 16' HOA Flagpole
- VIDEO: Wow, the Verticals vs. Yagi signal comparison is revealing
- Beautiful Flagpole Antenna, regularly work DX (Africa, Europe, SA) with 60W on FT8 and CW at WJ8B
- "Happy XYL" in Pennsylvania: New Ham says "happy wife, quiet bands & loud signals! Going for my Extra."
- Do I really need a Tuner at the Base of my Greyline Flagpole Antenna and HF Vertical Antenna
- 28' HF Vertical Antenna in New Mexico reports "good reports about strong signals"
- 20' Flagpole Antenna, Bill in Florida one-calls XR0ZRC with 100W & runs the bands after 30-years off the air!
- 24' Flagpole Antenna: K7CWC Cliff in Washington (W7) is spotted around the World on his Greyline 24' DX Flagpole
- Greyline makes the Cover of CQ Magazine from Montenegro - September 2021
- Surf Ham Radio Waves with KL2A
- Blog: Ham Radio Adventure Stories
- My XYL Love the Greyline Flagpole Antenna
- For YLs: Ham Radio Love Connection
- Samantha forms a Womens Ham Radio Friendship Club